Since the last post, we have received some initial results of our diagnostic workup for infertility.
The good news: I have plenty of good follicles on my ovaries, my hormone levels at the end of my cycle are within normal ranges, and my fallopian tubes are not blocked.
The bad news: I have a rare uterine abnormality (<5% occurrence) that will require surgery.
I sometimes cannot believe our odds, but I am thankful to have a possible explanation instead of falling into the "unexplained infertility" category. If this is the only issue we are dealing with, then we are fortunate that it could be a fairly simple fix. I will be having an operative hysteroscopy which, if successful, should resolve the underlying problem. I will likely be having this surgery at the end of January or early February. We will then have to wait another few months for my body to heal before we can move forward.
We have our follow-up appointment with the fertility specialist on January 6th to discuss the remaining bloodwork and lab results.
It is wonderful of you to share these thoughts. As people who love you very much, we often don't know what to think, or how to support you, or pray for you. We do pray that the surgery will clear up the problem and that you will then be on your way to the family you so dearly want! We KNOW that God's timing is perfect... Perhaps the delay was necessary and we just don't know why. In any case, God bless you both and may God bless the procedure!
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad Temple