Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wait, I'm not alone!

I was just lamenting a few blog entries ago how I have no friends currently going through infertility testing and treatments. I guess I spoke too soon!

I ran into a friend this week, and I mentioned in passing that we were saving for some big expenses. When he probed further, I felt compelled to say that we are dealing with infertility and saving for expensive treatments. He then admitted that he and his wife were going through the same thing! This led to a 30-minute conversation about our history and diagnoses, failed treatments, and future plans. We are about at the same point in treatments and go to the same (one and only) fertility clinic in the area.

I was truly sorry to hear that this couple is also going through a difficult struggle with infertility. No one deserves this, and it always seems to happen to the couples who would make the best parents.  At the same time, I feel relieved to finally know someone who can really understand and sympathize with what I am going through. Nick now also has someone to talk with about the male's perspective of infertility.

I am looking forward to getting together with them soon, and I hope that we can all be each other's support system through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment