Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Positives

When we first started trying to have a baby, I will admit that I wasn't quite ready to make all of the lifestyle changes that would be necessary to be pregnant and then a parent. I don't know how much longer we will have to wait to be a family of three, so to help me enjoy the present, I am trying to focus on all of the positive aspects of life before pregnancy and children. I have listed ten positives of my child-free life right now, in no particular order:

  1. I can eat or drink whatever I want. Bring on the Starbucks, sushi, and wine!
  2. I have 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep throughout the night.  I even get to sleep in on the weekends.
  3. I can spend as long as I need to get ready for work in the morning. My clothes are ironed, my hair is styled, I have a full face of makeup, and I can sit down to enjoy breakfast.
  4. I have ME time whenever I wish.  I can meet up with friends, go shopping, take a bubble bath, read a book, go to the gym, or work on a project or hobby.
  5. My hubby and I can have intimate time whenever, wherever!
  6. I still have a pre-baby body. I look and feel good in my itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini.
  7. I have a greater selection of stylish clothes and shoes than what's available in maternity wear.
  8. Nick and I have date nights regularly. We have deep conversation, lots of laughs, and time to really strengthen our marriage.
  9. We don’t have to pay for daycare, diapers, baby food, and other child care expenses, so we have more “fun” money to budget for going out to eat, shopping, and taking vacations.
  10. Travel is much easier.  We don’t have to lug around multiple bags, a stroller, carseat, etc.
I would willingly compromise on these in a heartbeat for our child.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I think the two things I enjoy the most non-preggo are sleeping on my back, and being able to take meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think of those! :)

    ReplyDelete