After my mid-cycle appointment on Tuesday, I was instructed to administer the trigger shot on Wednesday evening before bed. The preparation of the injection went well up until we couldn't get the remaining air bubbles out of the syringe. At this point it was 9:30pm, so I had a bit of a freak out over what to do! We reluctantly but decidedly called upon one (of many) of our neighbors who is a doctor. Nick, practically in his pjs, went over to his house for assistance. The doctor was very understanding and helpful, and we are thankful for such great neighbors!
After Nick returned, it was my turn to give myself the injection in my abdomen. Well, that didn't go as planned! First, my hand was shaking so badly it took multiple attempts to actually do the self injection. Once the needle was in (and I breathed a sigh of relief), there was too much resistance for me to be able to push down on the syringe with one finger. While I held the needle steady, Nick actually had to slowly administer the medication.
Nick pretty much saved the day (well, night)! He was initially just going to supervise and provide moral support, but he ended up playing a much more active role. As much as this whole process sucks, we were able to bond over it and laugh about it. There's no one else I'd rather go through this with (and that's another blog post)! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment