Tuesday, January 10, 2012

When a Haircut Can be Stressful

I have a haircut this evening, which I usually look forward to because it's pampering and relaxing. Tonight, however, will not be so enjoyable with my stylist's pregnant belly and incessant baby talk.

It was at my last appointment that I found out my stylist was pregnant. That was about seven weeks ago -- right before Christmas during a low point in my struggles. I literally had to fight back the tears when she told me the news, and I was so thankful to have the hot towel treatment over my face at that time!

I am not some horrible person that isn't truly happy that another woman is pregnant and does not have to go through what I am going through. She will actually be a great mom. It's just that she just got married in July and then got pregnant in August! She went on and on telling me about how she waited until she was a week late because she just couldn't believe she could have gotten pregnant so quickly and easily! Grr.

Obviously, she doesn't know my personal story or she would have certainly been more sensitive. But how do I handle situations like these without seeming rude or inconsiderate?

Wish me luck tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment