Friday, January 6, 2012

Surgery Update

I had my operative hysteroscopy this week, and the surgery went as well as to be expected! The doctor was able to successfully remove the uterine abnormality, and the rest of the uterine cavity looked perfect. So far, the recovery hasn't been too bad either, just some minor side effects that may linger for the next couple of weeks.

I am usually extremely anxious before medical procedures, so I really tried to focus on deep breathing and positive intentions (including scripture and prayer) the morning of the surgery. It must have worked, along with all of your thoughts and prayers, because not only was my blood pressure normal the entire time but I actually felt a sense of peace going into the surgery. I also felt reassured by how competent and compassionate the doctor, anesthesiologist, and nurses all were. 

I also remember feeling very optimistic the day of the surgery. Prior to taking me back to the operating room, the doctor asked a simple, "Are you ready?!" to which I replied, "I am ready to be one step closer to having a baby!" I have struggled a lot in the past month with rationalizing and accepting all we have to do and pay for to be able to have a baby which most couples do for free without any intervention at all. I am still reconciling some of these feelings, but I have been amazed at how much I am willing to go through for our child who has not yet even been conceived. I finally reached the point where I was no longer upset about having to go through with the surgery but rather excited and hopeful to take this one big step closer to having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment